Solar Storage Batteries Quick Guide
So you need a solar battery. But what kind do you need? What size? How many? What manufacturer should you buy from? There are so many different options out there, it can be difficult to know where to start. Well, we have an answer: Start here, with this quick guide to solar batteries, to learn some key facts about these products.
- Types of solar batteries – There are 2 main types of solar batteries: lithium-ion and lead-acid. Lead-acid batteries are usually the cheapest option, but lithium-ion tends to have a better lifespan and greater efficiency.
- Consider capacity – Just as you have to size your solar panels, you’ll need to size your batteries. The capacity tells you just how much power those batteries can store, and will help you determine how many you’ll need.
- Remember DoD – Depth of discharge (DoD) also impacts battery storage capacity, since batteries can’t be completely discharged. The higher the DoD, the more of that stored power you can use.
- Double-check voltage – The voltage on your battery bank needs to match your solar system’s requirements.
- Cycle life – The cycle life tells how many times the battery can discharge and recharge, essentially telling you how long the battery will last. This is an important consideration to ensure you’re getting long-term value from your battery.
If you’re looking for reliable solar batteries at a great price, check out our online store at The PowerStore, Inc.