Outback ICS Plus Rapid Shutdown Initiator (SKU Part Number RSI)
ICS Plus Rapid Shutdown Initiator (RSI). Initiates a PV rapid shutdown event and provide indication for Solar On, Solar Off and AFCI.
ICS Plus Rapid Shutdown Intiator (RSI). Initiates a PV rapid shutdown event and provide indication for Solar On, Solar Off and AFCI.
FLEXware ICS Plus is the first end-to-end solution listed to UL 1741 with photovoltaic rapid shutdown systems (PVRSS) for both battery-based and grid-direct solar systems. This solution meets the following 2014 National Electric Code (NEC) requirements:
- NEC 690.11—Arc fault protection (protects against arc faults due to loose connections, damaged wires or other DC component failures)
- NEC 690.12—Rapid shutdown (provides a means for first responders to safely de-energize controlled conductors)
- NEC 690.15—DC combiner disconnect (opens all ungrounded circuit conductors from all sources of power)
The FLEXware ICS Plus is rated to 600VDC for integration in a wide range of systems and designed for ease of service and clean wire management. Packaged systems include easy-to-order, complete solutions for battery-based systems requiring one, two or four combiner boxes, while individual components can be ordered for alternative system needs, including use with grid-direct PV inverters. When used with OutBack power conversion and energy storage components, the system will represent the only single-brand UL and NEC-compliant solution from rooftop to battery.
- First end-to-end solution listed to UL 1741 with photovoltaic rapid shutdown systems (PVRSS) for both battery-based and grid-direct solar systems
- Arc fault circuit interrupter (AFCI) listed to UL1699B with local and remote indication
- Type 3R enclosures rated for indoor or outdoor installation
- Flexible design—install the combiner box vertically or horizontally and mount to racking or under an array
- Interoperable with compatible third-party PV rapid shutdown devices (PVRSE with dry contact)
- Three complete packages simplifies the design and ordering process