Outback RSD-AFCI ICS Plus PV rapid shutdown for SkyBox. Pre-wired with two contactors and six 600Vdc fuse holders, to support three PV strings (SKU Part Number FWPV3-FH600-S2D)
RSD-AFCI - ICS Plus PV rapid shutdown package for FM100 SystemEdge packages. Compatible with up to six strings of PV source circuits. Includes one FWPV6-FH600-SDA shutdown box, one RSI, and one power supply. (Fuses sold separately.)
ICS Plus PV rapid shutdown for SkyBox. Pre-wired with two contactors and six 600Vdc fuse holders, to support three PV strings. Includes cable glands and touch-safe distribution blocks, one ground bus bar and grounding lug. Fuses sold separately. RSI sold separately.
SKYBOX RAPID SHUTDOWN
Any time a Rapid Shutdown event is triggered, a set of normally-closed terminals on a Rapid Shutdown Initiator will open. When the SkyBox Rapid shutdown input terminals sense this, the SkyBox will shut down accordingly. When this occurs, an Alert message will appear in the SYSTEM NOTIFICATION screen. This shutdown may be limited to the solar portion of the system or it may extend to SkyBox AC input and output.
The extent of the shutdown is selected in the RSD (rapid shutdown response) menu item.
The selections are PV or PV and AC.
When a rapid shutdown event occurs with PV selected, the solar charging is the only portion of the SkyBox shut down.
- Solar charging is shut down.
- The S O L A R tile reads WAITING.
- Grid, load, and other operation continue normally.
- The Off /On button turns yellow (if previously on). If pressed, the button turns red.
- All grid, load, and other operations are turned off.
- The display jumps to the Inverter Fault Status screen.
NOTE: A fault code will not appear. A Rapid Shutdown initiation is a command given to the SkyBox.
If the SkyBox was turned off at the time of the shutdown, the O f f /On button will be red. The button will turn yellow if turned on with the shutdown still occurring. NOTE: This behavior will also occur if the Rapid Shutdown terminals are left unconnected.
When a rapid shutdown event occurs with PV and AC selected, all main SkyBox functions are shut down.
- Solar charging is shut down. The S O L A R tile reads WAITING.
- The SkyBox disconnects from the grid. The G R I D tile reads WAITING.
- The inverting function is shut down. The L O A D tile reads OFF.
- The O f f /On button remains green (if previously on). If pressed, the button turns gray and all grid, load, and other operation are turned off.
- If the SkyBox was turned off at the time of the shutdown, the O f f /On button will be gray. The buttonwill not respond. The SkyBox cannot be turned on until the shutdown is resolved.